Tuesday, October 18, 2011

2011 IGSA Bonelli US Nationals San Dimas, Calif.

Photo: Lee Eisler

So this was a sick event, where some of the Salt Lake locals went to visit Southern California, to hang out and skate with its locals. Bonelli was a cool environment for everyone to meet, mingle and catch up, but those who know, aren't entirely there for the skating and racing portion of the event. The wise ventured beyond the IGSA schedule and took advantage of other swervy Cali roads and rose early for some Good Morning Run's...


Upon qualifying I posted the fastest time in the Opens class with a 1:04.552, thus repping SLcityUT as number one. So, whatever their shit was, I repped mine hardest this day.

Sector 9 Gullwing A4L on top!

The next day was basically the same story, but in a bit more literal sense. During racing, I struggled to make my advancements in heats, but somehow still made it to quarter finals. I was smashing the bails hard, scrambling for my missing board, and kicking to the finish.


Calvin Staub, Micah Green, Mischo Erban Photo: Lee Eisler

Crashing every round, I raced quarter finals with a lead in front, I dove into the right turn with heavy speeds. Instead of gripping the turn like I was in qualifying, I exploded the hay leaving a trail of missing bales behind. I was passed cleanly by Mischo Erban and Jimmy Riha while Calvin Staub caught himself up in my carnage.


Zac Baca made a single advancement in open class, and with a qualifying time of 1:08.450, he ended up in 18th place over all.


For grom SL,UT’s this year, Scott Hamilton and Eric Albee repped it hard, as well.

Scott Hamilton, Unknown Jr. Grom (my apologies), and Eric Albee being steezy


Photo: Lee Eisler

After dislocating his shoulder in open, Eric proceeded through the quarter finals, getting snubbed out for advancement to semi’s.


Photo: Lee Eisler

Eric got a qualifying time of 1:16.066, and resulted in 11 in Jr’s over all.


Scott ran a time of 1:08.75.


Daniel Ralf Luna, Keith Henderson, Scott Hamilton

Scott went into the junior race strong, with a 3rd position qualifying time. He battled his way through the bracket to land himself a spot in the finals, where a solid performance landed him a 3rd place podium position. This effort helped keep the SL,UT podium streak going for its third year in a row!!

1 comment: